Salute to Veterans at BC Place - Nov 6, 2022
November 6th 2022
Salute to Veterans at BC Place - November 6, 2022
We have been invited to attend the The Royal Canadian Legion Veterans Salute at BC Place on Sunday, November 6, 2022. If you are able to come, please attend. We would like as many as 15 Cadets to show but the more the merrier.
Instructions are below if attending:
- Parents, please drop off and bring your Cadet at BC Place to the Lower East Entrance at 1215 hours in full Service Dress Uniform with Pea coat.
If you arrive later than 1230, you will not be admitted.
- Parents and Cadets MUST Sign In with Mid (NL) Daniel Bliss with a filled out Warning Order (attached).
Unfortunately, Parents are not allowed in with their Cadet. If you want to stay and watch, you must purchase a game ticket and watch from those seats.
- Follow all instructions from Mid (NL) Bliss or a BCMD Officer.
- Parents, please pick up your Cadet at BC Place Lower East Entrance at 1530 hours
- Parents and Cadet MUST Sign Out with Mid (NL) Daniel Bliss.
No Cadet can leave without Signing Out first!!!
Please fill out the Warning Order (attached) and bring it with you to BC Place Stadium East Entrance if you can participate. We will not have extra copies or a printer available.
A couple of things to note:
- There will be no food or drink handed out at this event. Make sure you have a large lunch prior to arriving. Also, you will need to pack a good snack and a drink in a small bag with their name on it. You are responsible for your bag. There will be an area to put these items down while we are on the field.
- It is extremely important that you make sure that the Home phone number for your parents that we can get a hold of is the easiest. A cell phone is the best. We try to estimate the return times as best we can but they are variable and we may need to call your parents to pick you up early.
- It is extremely important that you make sure that you have an Alternate Contact listed on the form who does not live with you. This is in case we cannot reach your parents for some reason.
- It is extremely important that you let us know if another Parent is picking your Cadet up. You cannot tell us afterwards that you are riding with a friend's Parents. We can only release a Cadet to his or her Parents unless you have already cleared it with Mid (NL) Bliss prior.
- It is extremely important that you have all your Service Dress (No.1) Uniform parts including Pea Coat and that they are clean, ironed, and looking immaculate. Your Pea Coat must have your name in it.Too many times have we had to search for Cadets Pea Coats because they have no name. They all look the same and there are several other Corps at this event.For new Cadets who have not been issued a Uniform:
You are to wear a white dress shirt, black dress pants, and black dress shoes. You may not wear jeans or leggings, not T Shirts, and neither may you wear florescent shoes! If you are missing parts of your Uniform or not wearing proper attire, you will be sent home.All males or females with long hair, you must put your hair up in a bun with elastics and a hairnet the same color as your hair.
They deserve it!!!!
Click to close